Ugly WoDMod Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation Guidelines

Go down

Character Creation Guidelines Empty Character Creation Guidelines

Post  Zanthoroctu Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:55 pm

NOTE: Will be edited later. Excuse any typos and such for time being. Feel free to contact me if you have no idea what I am talking about for a particular item.

Well, no need for formalities (enough of a delay has already been had), let us get down to business.

Races: right now there are only a handful of races I am going to incorporate into the campaign. I would like to stick to this list, but if you come up with a particularly compelling concept feel free to drop me a contact, and I am more than willing to work it out.

Human: Chances are if you choose to play a human you are coming into this whole underworld thing from the outside in (or visa-versa depending on perception). While most creatures underworld respect the fact that there are more humans than them, that does not mean they particularly are fond of those who stick their nose into the shadows.

Magi: Magi are perhaps the best suited of the underworlders to hide themselves amongst the masses. As long as they are careful to not draw too much attention to themselves that is. While it's in popular practice to find a way to blend into the crowds, some have taken to forming cabals and covenants. Magi "society" is a rather curious thing, having many permutations and differing ideals. Most agree on one thing: humanity is ultimately your greatest ally; humanity is ultimately your greatest enemy. Se la vi.

Void: Other than possessing two souls, voids don't have a too difficult time blending in, at least in appearance. However upon extended observation certain psychological quirks begin to slowly erode to the surface. Two minds will do that to a person. Though by nature simply magi of a different flavor, void are often looked down upon as a liability, what with the ability to manifest things from thin air without notice. As such, most void make do on their own or form small cliques of their own. This however is resigned to the realm of supernatural politics as your everyday person, wouldn't know there was a difference (or preferably that they exist at all).

Vampire: Vampires are an odd lot. Gaining nobility and prestige with little effort on their own. Humanity is largely aware of the idea of vampires, but dismiss it merely as fanciful imagining. How wrong they are. Vampire, by necessity, stick close to society. The larger the city the better. Many, are part of clans or "families", though this rarely consists of any actual blood-relation, while some hide in plain sight to live on their own terms.

Werewolves:

Satyr:

Kitsune:

Take all the above with a grain of salt. If you have your own ideas about how the races co-exist and habituate the world, I am always up for suggestions.

Bonus xp: After your initial character creation you are allotted 7 xp to advance your character. This represents your characters past trials and tribulation getting him to where he or she is.

Resources: Good news, you and your cushy new job with the FBI nets you a free two dots in Resources. Bad news, this money is tightly watched and regulated so if you prefer to have private funds you will have to by the merit as normal. Feel free to drop me a line if you are on the fence about this one, and I will gladly answer any questions you might have.

Backstory: Remember: it's the 1950's. In truth this doesn't matter much when taken with the usual broad strokes of background-making for your average character, but if you want to be aligned to certain events or groups it can get somewhat tricky. In short when you've plotted your character's background I would like to give it a looksy, so we can make sure everything is kosher before the game get's started.

And lastly: When you get into the meat of things, feel free to run anything by me you have questions pertaining to. When you start to spec your character out, I please ask that you drop the sheet in the Character Creation/Discussion topic or contact me directly if you want. Again so we can have thing panned out by game day. Hopefully...

Also, I am most likely going to do introductory sessions for the characters to get them up to speed and into the story. If you (the players that is) would rather skip this step, we can workout some backstory and segue into the main story from the get go.

Zanthoroctu

Back to top Go down