Ugly WoDMod Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting Guidelines

Go down

Posting Guidelines Empty Posting Guidelines

Post  Zanthoroctu Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:25 am

Hey there folks, and welcome to another edition of Zanthoroctu's oddly sporadic updates. Today, I will be outlining some posting guidelines for responses. Again, I want to stray away from anything to confining, but just a few notes to help speed things along.

First and foremost, be thoughtful, descriptive or, more simply, take your time. During the solos and eventually the group game, I want to keep things fairly evenly paced, but don't feel rushed to respond.

Don't break the fourth wall/metagame. Or, just don't be too silly is all. If you ever need to ask something that wouldn't make sense in narrative context just denote it with parenthesis. Say for example you wanted the rough dimensions of a particular item (assuming you character has no instruments for taking a precise measurement, like a tape measurer), just say '(About how tall/wide/what material/ect. is the item). This gives a means to by which explicitly ask about specific items. For responses I will denote the responses and the head of my post with a spoiler comment.

Character specific inquiries or responses. Let's say your character happens to be fluent in Hebrew, where everyone else just barely passed high-school English. You might notice a particular inscription subtly carved in Hebrew dialect. Now, per se it doesn't make terrible sense for everyone to figure this out from the get-go. Events similar to this will be denoted with a spoiler comment with the character name before it. Assuming your cool, you can tell all your buds or hold out on them with the information. That is not to say that others CANNOT look, because well they can. Also, folks may get an inkling that you are hiding something.

Zanthoroctu

Back to top Go down