Ugly WoDMod Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian

3 posters

Go down

Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian Empty Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian

Post  Zanthoroctu Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:04 pm

NOTE: Well, this is rather silly. My solo was not particularly action-packed, so I decided to redo it in sort of the film-noir detective narrative perspective (think something with James Cagney in it) . It was fun to write, so enjoy:

It's damned cold in this city.

A crime-ridden rough-and-tumble place, only suited for the hard-nosed and thick-skinned. Maybe it's just me, and being this thing that I have become. Can't say I understand why this has happened exactly. Once where I had legs is long scaled tail. Can't move fast, but doesn't require any work on my part. Why am I becoming this reptilian creature? This predatory instinct, and having the snake-like maw (which took some getting used to). Maybe someone knows. Someone has to know. I can't be the only one, I figure

Not that it matters much. The cold cuts straight through my chest, sharp and piercing. I am no longer amongst the warm-blooded. Yep, I'll freeze to death long before I have time to worry about much. Winter promises to be brutal, and this shack won't cut it. No, I have to find some real lodging. Somewhere with a nice heater or fireplace.

For now though, I need to get something to eat. The hunger nips at the back of the mind, and involuntary impulse to search for "fresh" meals. Get rid of it before it makes me do anything "compromising". I need to head out. The one useful trait that has come out of this. I can conceal myself. Make myself look human again. If only for a short bit of time. Again, can't say I understand this entirely. It's probably best I don't.

Outside, the bitter cold air hits me like a wall. I need to hurry. As I hurry through the alleys, as much as this body will let me, a lone dog barks and howls somewhere off in the tangle of buildings. An old, strong, wise howl. Maybe he knows. A momentary smirk comes to my face. The do eat dog in some places. Probably not raw though. Now, I know I need to hurry. The neighbors might not be too keen of me snacking on Ol' Fido.

Fortunately, the clerk at the little convenience store is the "worldly" type. Not likely to question the strange disheveled man who comes in to buy food once a week. Good man. Knows to keep his nose squarely on his face. Ah, home again. With a few minutes to spare. Something is different. A small plain package lies on the floor. Plainly wrapped, no card or notice. I hesitate to pick it up for a moment.

I take a moment list the people who might have something against me. It's a long list. I lift it up. Light as a feather. Taking my ol' trusty knife I carve open the package. Some of my training comes back to me. Remembering "Always have a knife". "Don't trust strange packages". Many other "rules" like these. Never was much for abiding by rules. Having a knife is just a good idea.

Inside the little package is some papers. One a letter, the other a bus schedule. The letter is rather businesslike. An marginal ultimatum veiled over with a sense of benevolence. They seem to have a good grasp of my situation. A little to good for comfort's sake. If they can do what they say however, I don't have much of a choice. Other than freezing to death here like a dog. I'll go along with this for now. If only out of curiosity. The old saying comes to mind. "If it seems to good to be true, well it probably is". I decide bring the .38 along. Just in case.

I waste the night and day. I check the schedule once more. It's late at night. The bus stop is deserted. The bus is right on time. A seat in a very dark corner. A few folks all who seem to all to eager to mind their own business. A bit of break for a change.

The seat is ice-cold. The heater doesn't reach quite this far. I don't know what will happen next. Not worth thinking about. There is only one thing I know.

It's damned cold in this city

PS (edit): Just a note, that I'll most likely do something similar for the main campaign. Depends if I get bored in the campaign downtime. Incidentally, I should mention I don't plan on doing it for each "chapter" or session, unless it's of particular interest to those involved. Nonetheless I do plan on doing the first session. The character introductions are already sparking a few ideas. But, alas, I get ahead of myself.

Last edited by Zanthoroctu on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zanthoroctu

Back to top Go down

Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian Empty Re: Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian

Post  Caput Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 pm

AWESOME
Caput
Caput
Admin

https://wodmod.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian Empty Re: Snake in Late Autumn or the Misadventure of Brian

Post  Xaer QwickBlade Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 pm

I was considering doing that as well, actually. but if we both do it, it would be rather cool to see the same story from 2 different perspectives.
I should have my logs up soon, I hope.
Xaer QwickBlade
Xaer QwickBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum