Ugly WoDMod Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the New World America

Go down

Welcome to the New World America Empty Welcome to the New World America

Post  Zanthoroctu Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Well, the war's over. Yep, we managed to avoid killing each other off for another decade or so. Not that it matters much. All that mean is we can get back to solving all the damn problems we had before hand.

Me? I just got done serving my commitment to Ol' Uncle Sam. Twelve long years, four in that God-forsaken war that someone thought getting everyone involved in was a good idea. Don't get me wrong now. I love this damn country, but I'd be a fool to not say there isn't a whole lot wrong. Everyone is scared of the Ruskies nowadays, the poor are poorer than ever, and the rich still take advantage of the hard-working folks everyday. Thoughts of communism are enough to stir up mass-hysteria with no real effort. Guess things were always kinda like that. Maybe, I am just starting to catch on.

Now the G-Men have been giving quite a hassle. They want to recruit me. Won't tell me why, which isn't surprising. Government folk have never been the straightforward. They say it's a need for "an application of [my] talents, for overseeing the actions of dangerous and uncouth individuals". I'd venture to guess that they are talking about the squad of guys I was in charge of over in France. Bunch of ex-convicts, ne'er-do-wells, and charlatans. In all truth those folks hardly listened to me at all. I could spend quite some time telling you of "unspeakable" things they did over there, but some things are best left buried with the millions of graves back there. They were good at killing, I'll say that. Once, I'd gotten over the idea of treating them like rational folks, and just treated them like just a pack ol' mean dogs, things were quite manageable. Higher ups never seemed to mind either. They were good at killing, like I said. Can't say I am sure what happened to those "men", and it's probably better that way. Let's just say this: I've had a taste of hell.

Like the prospects though. Good money and benefits. They'll take care of my family. Won't have to worry about money for the rest of my life. They assure me this job is important. A great service to this country. I'll have authority too, which is nice I suppose.

Sounds pretty damn good actually. But, then so did making the atom bomb at some point, I suppose.

- Sergeant (Retired) Will Bonsly August 13, 1949.

Zanthoroctu

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the New World America Empty Temp Forum.

Post  Zanthoroctu Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:42 pm

Testing

Zanthoroctu

Back to top Go down